Choi, Jeong Pyo
15th President, Korea Development Institute
- August 14, 1953
- 1983 Ph.D., Economics, State University of New York at Binghamton, U.S.A.
- 1981 M.A., Economics, State University of New York at Binghamton, U.S.A.
- 1978 B.A., Economics, Sung Kyun Kwan University, Seoul, Korea
- Areas of Specialization
- Industrial Organization, Economics of Regulation, Econometrics, International Trade and Finance
- Mar. 2018 ~ present President, Korea Development Institute and KDI School of Public Policy and Management
- Mar. 1988 ~ Mar. 2018 Professor, Department of Economics, Konkuk University
- May 2003 ~ Apr. 2009 Non-standing Commissioner, Korea Fair Trade Commission
- Sep. 2004 ~ Aug. 2006 Dean, College of Economics and Commerce, Konkuk University
- Feb. 2001 ~ Feb. 2002 Visiting Professor, Dept. of Economics, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Dec. 1998 ~ Feb. 1999 Visiting Professor, Dept. of Economics, Hohenheim University, Germany (Sponsored by DAAD)
- Mar. 1986 ~ Feb. 1988 Managing Editor, Journal of Economic Integration
- Sep. 1983 ~ Feb. 1988 Assistant Professor, Dept. of Economics, Sejong University, Seoul, Korea
- Sep. 1982 ~ June 1983 Assistant Professor, Dept. of Economics, Washington & Jefferson College, U.S.A.
"Chaebol Policy in Korea," Haenam Press, 2007.
"Korean Chaebols : Theory and Practice," Konkuk University Press, 2004.
"The Separation of Ownership and Management in Korean Chaebols," Gowon Co., Seoul, Korea, 1996.
"Korean Chaebols," Bee-Bong Publishing Co., Seoul, Korea, 1990.
"Buyer Concentration and Structure-Performance Relationship in Korean Manufacturing Industries," Review of Industrial Organization, Sep. 2013, Vol.21,No.3, pp.63~86(co-authored with Su Min Jeon).
"A Study on the Relationships among Corporate Value, Debt Level, Investment Level and Corporate Ownership of Korean Firms," The Journal of Korean Economy, Dec. 2003, Vol.11, pp.5~44.
"Chaebol Regulations and Aggregate Concentration in Korea," The Korean Journal of Industrial Organization, Sep. 2003, Vol.11, No.3, pp.1~35.
"Business Groups in Japan, South Korea and Taiwan: A Comparison," Research in Asian Economic Studies, Vol. 8, JAI Press Inc., 1998, pp.351~360.
"Factor Demand and Production Technology in Korean and Taiwanese Manufacturing," Korea Economic Development, ed. Jene K. Kwon, Greenwood Press, 1990, pp.107~181.
"Factor Demands, Adjustment Costs and Regulation," Applied Economics, 18-06, Jun. 1986, pp.631~643.
"An Empirical Study of Interrelated Factor Demand Models in the Regulated Firm"
Adviser: Dr. Edward C. Kokkelenberg
"Estimating Elasticities of Substitution in U.S. Railroads, 1951-1974"
Adviser: Dr. Richard Boyce