[1-1] Regulatory Impact Assessment: State of Play in OECD Countires
- RIA is a fundamental element of regulatory improvement, but not the only one.
- For most countries the implementation of RIA remains a work in progress.
- The integration of RIA into the policy process should be seen as a long term policy goal.
- All countries experience problems with the quality and timeliness of RIA process.
- An on-going need to provide support for public officials responsible for RIA and to improve the way that RIA is prepared.
- Close the policy cycle; do not forget about post implementation evaluation.