The purpose of this study is to provide detailed information
on rural industrialization in Korea. The Specific objectives of the
study include the following.
1) Investigation of the current income structure of farm
2) Examination of the characteristics of current rural
industries in terms of regional distribution, production type
and firm size.
3) Outline and evaluation of past government policy
measures to promote rural industrialization.
4) identification of the major bottlenecks in promoting rural
5) Future policy direction to further promote rural
industrialization and to improve off-farm employment
opportunities for farm households.