Innovating Research Environment
- Attracting excellent researchers and upgrading professional personnel management
- Consistent effort to attract and retain excellent human resources through active exchanges with international organizations.
- Professional personnel management system for more efficient function of KDI.
- More job training programs designed to enhance research capacity.
- Establishing organizational structure to maximize research results
- Organizational structure performing efficiently in response to new policy demand.
- Heightening transparency and fairness of the performance evaluation system and reforming the reward system to be based on reasonable medium- and long-term results.
Leading Up-to-Date Researches on Inclusive Innovation Growth
- Exploring forward-looking policy agendas and alternative to drive future changes and reform
- Broader researches on future innovation strategy to stimulate economic paradigm shift and to secure new growth engines.
- Multi-faceted, comprehensive researches based on convergence studies conducted inside and outside the institute.
- Improving the user-centered policy agenda development system
- Forward-looking researches taking into account diverse demands including general public.
- Balanced research implementation through stronger, closer collaboration with policy consumers.
World Class Institute Producing Great Research/Outcomes
- Research innovation to strengthen KDI’s competitiveness as a global think tank
- More joint researches and exchanges with leading research institutes around the world to upgrade KDI’s global competitiveness.
- Creating a knowledge exchange hub by stretching the global collaboration network with international institutes like OECD, IMF and World Bank.
- Leading more policy researches on development cooperation
- More policy researches to formulate innovative development cooperation strategy.
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary researches and global partnerships to disseminate Korea’s policy experience.
Quality Upgrade of Research Result Dissemination
- Establishing strategic public relations system
- Integrated management of public relations (PR) strategies for research results and implementation of topic-customized strategy.
- Systemic dissemination system operating in sync with users’ information consumption pattern.
- Diversifying communication channels to build consensus on policy study
- Interactive communication channels between research providers and consumers to build public consensus.
- Close communication with the government and the National Assembly to enhance the usability of research outcomes in actual policies.